Thursday, October 13, 2005

PANZER MADCHEN!


In September 2004 Marco Pirroni and Carty collaborated on their first song together- Panzer Madchen. It's the Deutscher Girls riff as played by Marco and edited and put together by Carty, with some remixing and cutting up and pasting and all that clever stuff that remixers do! It also features bass by Chris Constantinou (Ex De Niro, who is also part of The Wolfmen with Marco).

Carty talking about Panzer can be found
here

I asked Marco for his take on Panzer, and this is what he said:

The story of Panzer Machden isn't very interesting, but if you really wanna know, I'll tell ya.

I was sitting around having a bit of writers block playing Adam's guitar, and whenever I play one of Adam's Telecasters I start playing the Deutcher Girls riff which I have never played live and I don't even know how the rest of the song goes, but I like that bit.

So out of sheer boredom I turned it into this track, but I didn't know how to finish it or even what to do with it, so I thought I know I'll send it to Chris Carty, he's good with things like this so I cut it all up and uploaded the files to him and he re-assembled it and added more stuff then sent it back and I added more stuff and sent it back to him and so on and so forth.

This was the first time I had ever worked with somebody who wasn't in the same room or even in the same country, but its not as strange as you might think, I didn't know it was the first time he had ever worked with live instuments and apart from a franky awful bassline that he actually played, he did rather well.
It was intended to be the first of "Ant tracks" that I have never played before but as yet we haven't done another one . I'd like to as it's fun and I can't think of any other way of playing this stuff now. So I'm just waiting for Carty to have an idea.


It's quite frankly yet another tasteless, immature, irresponsible, offensive and silly flirtation with Nazi Imagery, I cannot justify it in any way at all, except to say that I don't it think glorifies Nazism anymore than Freddie Star's impersonation of Hitler does.
It's about as political as an episode of Hogans Heros.
If you would like to debate whether watching "Cabaret" is the same as condoning industrialized mass murder then I would suggest you do it amongst yourselves and leave me out of it, coz I don't really care what you think anyway.


So, if you haven't been and downloaded it yet, here is the link to mix 1.

Panzer Madchen mix 1

There are 2 more remixes, if you go to Carty's page above, you will find links to those too.

Enjoy!

No comments: